Traduire/ Translate

Sunday, August 20, 2017

My first Mix Media notebook

Good day everyone

It's been a while since my last post
I took an online class with Finnabair, and before starting a canvas
 I decided why not a notebook
This is all new to me, I made a few mistakes along the way on this first one,
but in all I'm pretty happy with the final results.


I started with lots of  different textures, lace, cheese cloth, jute
covered with black gesso

I purchased the notebook at the dollar store, and I removed the 
elastic strip




Then I  used several dies which  I cut out on cardstock 
several times and layered them to created dimension
Some dies used : Sizzix Swirls, Hardware findings, hearts


Then comes the layers of lots of embellishments
shells, paper flowers, bottle cap,  charms, beads
and all kinds of trinkets in my stash
Finally I covered everything with a coat of black Gesso


For the backing I used Tissue paper which I crumpled


Then the magic with spray inks and metallic lustres
Once everything was dry I sprayed it all with a 
clear mat varnish

Now I am working on a second one to be posted soon

Entering my notebook in the following challenges
Frilly and Funkie - On the cutting edge
Emerald Creek - Anything goes
613 Avenue - Anything goes option Shabby Chic
Creative Artist - Anything Mix Media
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Altered, upcycled item
Altered Electrics - Anything goes Mix Media altered item 
Dies R Us - Anything goes
A bit more time to craft - Anything goes

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day
Louise

14 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG this is just GORGEOUS!! If you did THIS on your first attempt, I can't wait to see more! Just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything using Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Andree said...

A fabulous monochrome notebook. The textures and elements are all perfect.
Thank you for joining in with our August challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Karen said...

This is gorgeous!!! I am new to mixed media also. I have no idea what I'm doing. I am very impressed with what you have achieved and hope to one day make something as beautiful. Looking forward to see what you do next.

Lemon Creation said...

Amazing project Louise! Beautifully done, love the textures, so reach and really well done! Wish you all the luck in the challenges and thank you for playing with us at More Mixed Media challenges:) Hugs, Asia

laurie said...

This is just stunning! What an awesome project.Thanks for playing along at Dies R Us..so happy you joined us!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

The colours and textures you used have enhanced your lovely image perfectly. What a treasure your notebook will be. Thanks for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge.

K M Meena Herale said...

This is so beautiful, love the colour and texture. Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS Mixed Media DT

gibonik said...

Absolutely love it!!!!!!:)

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

I'm impressed, I love black covers, and your work is absolutely fabulous. Everything- photo, embellishments, metal elements and texture are awesome!

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Louise! This is unbelievably beautiful! Finnabair herself would be impressed. Stunning layers and added color. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs, Autumn

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Oh wow! This is just fantastic. I love your layering of elements and the color play.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month, Good Luck. Rupa.

Cec said...

Absolutely stunning notebook alteration. I love the assemblage with all the fun bits and pieces but the face peeking out grabbed my attention right away and makes this cover so special. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Sheryl said...

This is amazing! All of those elements work perfectly together. A very cleverly composed project.
Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

SewPaperPaint said...

I loved visiting again and wanted to say biggest congrats on your top 3 with F&F! <3